We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The old and original Astronomical Observatory of the University of Valencia was founded in 1909 by Ignacio Tarazona y Blanc, professor of cosmography and physics at the Globe. Almost four decades later, and after a devastating fire that destroyed the entire building and much of the material, the observatory was moved to the new headquarters of the University of Valencia, on Avenida Blasco Ibáñez, where it was installed in the emblematic building that appears in the image.
In its iron-covered dome is the Grubb equatorial telescope, one of the few instruments that survived the 1932 fire.
For years, and after going through various phases of greater or lesser activity, the Astronomical Observatori of the University of Valencia has fulfilled three objectives: to support teaching, research and promote astronomical dissemination. But the increasing light pollution of the city of Valencia forced the university to look for a new location to get an optimal observation of the skies.
In 1996, the Alto Turia Astronomical Center emerged, which marked the beginning of the relationship between the University of Valencia and the Valencian Astronomy Association through the astronomical center they installed in the town of Aras de los Olmos. This agreement lasted ten years, after which the university acquired some land in Aras de los Olmos and built a professional astronomical observatory, the OAO, with the latest technology such as the TROBAR telescope, a 60 cm opening robot reflector.
|◄ Previous||Next ►|
|From l "Ebre||Ramón María Aller|